Sustainable tourism is a growing trend worldwide. Travelers are increasingly interested in traveling responsibly, respecting the environment and local communities.
The Navarre Pyrenees is an ideal destination for sustainable tourism. The area has a wealth of natural and cultural riches, and offers a wide range of activities and attractions that can be enjoyed in a sustainable way.
Here are some ideas for sustainable activities and attractions in the Navarre Pyrenees:
Hiking: the Navarre Pyrenees has a network of well-marked trails that offer visitors the opportunity to explore nature responsibly.
Electric bicycles: the Navarrese Pyrenees is a paradise for mountain lovers. There are routes for everyone to get to know the surrounding environment.
Birdwatching: The Navarre Pyrenees is an ideal place for birdwatching. The area is home to a wide variety of species, including birds of prey, waterfowl and migratory birds.
Local gastronomy: our gourmet restaurant offers a rich local gastronomy based on fresh and seasonal products.
Arantza Hotela is a hotel committed to sustainable tourism. The hotel offers its guests a series of services and activities that allow them to enjoy the area in a responsible way.
Are you interested in sustainable travel? Arantza Hotela has the Ecolabel, European Ecolabel issued by the European Economic Community.
What makes Arantza Hotela sustainable accomodation?
- We optimize the use of natural light.
- We use 100% renewable energy.
- We have a hot water installation, lighting systems, and air conditioning that are all energy efficient.
- These are the criteria used when buying the energy efficient systems for water and energy.
- Clients are offered organic products, both the edible as well as non-food or drink products.
- We avoid creating waste by using mostly one-dose packaging, reusable water bottles.
- We sort waste for recycling.
- At Arantza Hotela, the water comes from our own wells, we are committed to responsible
consumption, and use a heat recovery system. We also apply control in the water
flow in the taps and showers.
- The are sorting bins for organic
waste, packaging, and other waste in the common areas for clients.
- We promote the use of sustainable
transport with our clients.
- We have charging station point for
an electric car with two sockets as well as electric bikes.